- This event has passed.
Member Event: Book Club
May 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Members are encouraged to attend the next JLA Book Club Dinner meeting to be held on May 16th at the Ft Orange Club starting at 6pm. The featured book for discussion will be Golden Hill by Francis Spufford. The cost to attend is $40 and includes dinner (see details below).
To rsvp please send a check made out to Linda Barnes in the amount of $40.00 and mail it to Sarah Mukerji, 3 East Hills Blvd., Loudonville, New York 12211 by April 26. Please identify on your check if you would like chicken or cod.
- Book Name: Golden Hill by Francis Spufford “The Sensational Novel of Old New York”
- Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Time: 6 pm gathering, 6:30 dinner, 7:30 book discussion, 8:30 end
- Location: Fort Orange Club, 110 Washington Ave., Albany
- Cost: $40.00 and includes dinner choice of Chicken Piccata with parsley, shallot, caper, lemon sauce or broiled Icelandic Cod with Dijon Beurre Blanc, Capers, Chives, each dish will have a vegetable and starch, mixed green salad, rolls, glass of wine, coffee or tea and of course macaroons for dessert. (Please identify on your response if you have any food allergies)
- July 2019
- First week of September, location, Cape Cod Book: A year by the Sea by Joan Anderson
- Monday, November 4, 2019, location, Saratoga, NY, Book: Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover. Lead facilator, Nancy Sciocchetti.
- January 2020, Movie book night to be held at the home of Linda Barnes Home, 10 Linden Road, Albany, NY, book, TBD. lead facilitator, Linda Barnes
- March 2020, TBD
- May 2020, meet at a club/restaurant