ouch-A-Truck is a family fun day offering kids of all ages a hands-on experience with trucks of all sizes! Again this year, we'll have 30-40 different vehicles that children and adults can touch, sit in, honk horns, and get to know the people who drive them. We will also have food, entertainment, vendors, food trucks, and more!
- This event has passed.
Harvesting Hope Tri-League Done in a Day
October 1, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Please join us for the first Tri-League Done in a Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 at the Hope Club in Latham. Many thanks to Robin Zimmerman of the Junior League of Schenectady and Saratoga Counties for organizing this event.
This first-year event will support Hope Club, formerly known as Gilda’s Club, which was a Tri-League project. Harvesting Hope is the Hope Club’s version of the Relay for Life. Members are welcome to wear their Junior League shirts and walk in the relay, although fundraising is not necessary.
In addition to walking, volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- 4 People – assist with registration 1:30-3:30 p.m. shift
- 4 People – decorate the survivor dinner tent (decorations provided) 3:00-5:00 p.m. shift
- 6 People – serve and host survivors dinner (food is provided) 4:30-6:30 p.m. shift
- 4 People – assist with clean up 6:30-8:00 p.m. shift
- 20 People – assist with the kids activities (pumpkin painting, family friendly haunted house, 100 Halloween Treat bags / Candy for youth, etc.) Shifts 1:30-3:30 p.m., 3:30-5:30 p.m., 5:30-7:30 p.m.
If you can’t make it to the event but would like to help, the Hope Club is collecting candy and goodies to create 100 treat bags for children attending the event.
Please contact Robin Zimmerman directly to sign up for this Done in a Day opportunity.