Join the Junior League of Albany
The Junior League of Albany offers two opportunities a year to join as a new member. Prospective members are encouraged to apply to our Fall new member group, which begins in August, or our Spring new member group, which begins in February. The Junior League of Albany holds recruiting events throughout the year to introduce prospective members to other League members and the work the JLA does in the local community.
Benefits of Membership
- Directly impact the community through volunteer opportunities and issue based community impact projects and work closely with other community organizations. Our current community impact issue is alleviating hunger and improving wellness among children in the Capital Region
- Develop personally and professionally through volunteer training and experiential learning opportunities
- Participate in networking and social activities
- Build lifelong friendships while meeting other professional women
- Be part of a global impact as part of The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc., an international organization of over 150,000 women in four countries
- Be eligible to transfer your membership to other Junior Leagues across the world
Eligibility and Admission for Membership
To be eligible to join the Junior League of Albany as a New Member, a woman must be 21 years old as of July 1 of her join year and live within 50 miles of Albany County, NY. No member sponsorship is required to join the Junior League of Albany — just an interest in volunteer service and dedication to our mission and community focus. Any woman who meets these criteria and agrees to fulfill the commitments outlined below is warmly welcomed.
New Member Commitments
New members attend monthly new member meetings, participate in community placements and trainings, attend social events and actively participate in fundraising initiatives for the Junior League of Albany. New members pay a new member course fee of $125.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our next New Member Class, please complete this form and a member from the Membership Committee will follow-up with you on next steps. If you have questions on becoming a new member or are interested in attending an upcoming recruiting event, please send a message including your name, phone number, and preferred email address to email@example.com.
Transferring Your Membership to the Junior League of Albany
Already a member of a Junior League? The Junior League of Albany welcomes any New Member, Active or Sustaining member in good standing to transfer to the Junior League of Albany. A transferring member will be responsible for any applicable prorated dues. Membership commitments are determined by the Junior League of Albany based on the date of transfer. Questions? Email the Junior League of Albany at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 650-1648.
The Junior League of Albany welcomes all women who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities. If you are interested in making a commitment to volunteering in the Capital Region, please join us!