01 Jan Community > Rockwell Scholarship
Through the generosity of the late Junior League of Albany member Marjorie Doyle Rockwell, and in her memory, the Junior League of Albany awards the Rockwell Scholarship each year in the amount of $1,000 to assist one young woman to help obtain the education and skills necessary to further her volunteer potential.
Interested in Applying?
Applications for the 2023 Rockwell Scholarship award are currently being accepted
An applicant for the Rockwell Scholarship must be:
- A female resident of the Capital District; and
- A candidate for high school graduation in the current academic year who will be applying for enrollment in an accredited college, university or secondary educational or vocational program for the upcoming academic year; or
- A high school (or equivalent) graduate currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or secondary educational or vocational program; and
- Currently involved in volunteer organizations or activities which serve the same or related focus areas as the Junior League of Albany; and
- Able to demonstrate citizenship and initiative.
Please apply using the ROCKWELL SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE FORM
Applicants must complete the ROCKWELL SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE FORM (<— click there) that includes a narrative of no more than 500 words demonstrating eligibility based on the criteria above. Your narrative should explain how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals. Your narrative must include a statement that if you accept the scholarship, you will commit to continue with school and volunteer services. If appropriate, please include in your narrative any information concerning your economic need.
Each application must be accompanied by an electronic transcript and letter of recommendation submitted via email. The letter of recommendation should be from someone at an organization for which you volunteer.
Application Deadline: TBD
Applications must be submitted via the ROCKWELL SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE FORM
Application components may be emailed separately to email@example.com, however we request applicants make every effort to submit completed applications via the online form. Please send application components as email attachments, i.e. not google docs. Applications are not accepted by mail.
Guidelines for Selecting Award Recipients
Applications will be evaluated based on overall quality and whether the applicant has met all eligibility requirements. The scholarship shall be awarded based on both the applicant’s past activity and also her commitment to continue in volunteer activities in the community. Economic need will also be taken into consideration. No Junior League of Albany member or relative thereof will be eligible for the scholarship. An award winner may only receive a scholarship award once. An unsuccessful applicant may reapply. All award recipients must agree to attend a Junior League of Albany General Membership Meeting in May to accept her award.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org